At Idaho Hunting Dogs, our goal is to breed very conformationally correct GSP's that are also very birdy, and with loving personalities. Pups have TONS of natural instinct. All puppies are vet checked, current on shots by a licensed veterinarian, tails, dewclaws & worming done and pre-registered with AKC. Written Guarantee. Shipping available weather permitting. All of our dogs have had their hips certified by OFA and eyes certified by CERF. We take great pride in producing healthy happy puppies.
All of our puppies are born in the house and raised in the house to get them used to a home's general sights, sounds and chaos plus of course, lots of hugs and kisses. They are handled from the time they are born until they go to their new owners at 8 weeks. They are exposed to lots of different sounds, textures, and environments. These are definitely family dogs for the home that "turn on" in the field for an incredible hunting partner; however, we encourage some form of puppy social /obedience class for new puppies and their families. We do not raise "kennel" dogs. We have 6 GSP's and they all live in the house with us. They are like our children. Some people have many kids, we have 4-legged kids to bring enjoyment to our lives :)
All of our dogs are great in the field as well as outstanding family members.
- Roscoe is a nice male with awesome style. He is put together very well. Roscoe is a direct son ofDC, VC, 2nd RU 2013 National WGDC Gambles Sam Man MH, VCX, UT PR I RDI. Sam's father is HOF DC AFC 3x NSTRA CH Gamble's Odyssey Fritz MH RD VCX UT Prize II. Other dogs to mention: DC/AFC Sam Saint Max MH, 3x NSTRA Ch Gamble's Low Country Miss, DC/AFC Kuzhaar's Ruger V Haven SH, DC Oddyssey's Saint Blitz MH, DC Hillhaven's Hustler, NSTRA CH Gretta Garbo Gamble MH plus so many other accomplished dogs. Roscoe is an amazing young dog, that real once in a lifetime animal. He was an impressive pup right out of the gate! We feel Roscoe got his parents field ability and conformation. Roscoe is a bird-finding machine in the field and a true lover in the house.
- Gunner is out of Sixxem's Kennel in Pueblo, CO. Lenny Morales produces some incredible dogs starting with the best Field Trial Stock. Gunner is a direct son of 5xCH 4xRU-CH 2xNGDC FC AFC Slicks Cuttin Wild and FC Dixielands Smokin Dancer. Other dogs to mention: NFC FC Heide Ho’s MRT, FC Heide Ho-Pinehurst, FA AFC Evolution’s Deliverance, FC Dixieland’s Rusty and DC Leipchen Dubbendorff as well as many other titled dogs. Gunner is a great wild bird dog.. He was an impressive pup right out of the gate! He was pointing birds at the age of 4 ½ months in Colorado. Gunner is a bird finding machine in the field and a lap dog in the home.
- Meg is the product of NFC FD BDK’s Chloe’s Jax of All Trades and Poor Boy’s Risky Business. Other dogs to mention: NFC FC Chisholm Creeks Jax Orbetter, FC Sin City Slick Ace, NFC Heide’s Mighty City Slicker, NFC FC Uodibar’s Koonas, as well as many other National Field Champions and Hall of Fame Dogs, which has resulted in a classy, methodical bird dog with great intelligence. Meg is an outgoing female with a great desire to hunt, retrieve, and point birds. She hunts for you, not herself. Meg wants to cooperate and work as a team and get the job done together. With this quality, she is easy to handle in the field and a joy to hunt behind. Best of all she is a dog that will sleep with you when the hunting is done.
- Emma was born August 31, 2014. Her pedigree speaks for itself. She is a beautiful liver girl. Her Mom, IHD's Woody's Gorgeous George JH - "Gorge" is out of Madison & Splitter (a Fritz x Dutchess pup). She has some awesome dogs in her pedigree ie. DC Eagle Ridge Royal Magnitude MH, DC Nmk's Shining Star-V Rugerheim MH, DC Rugerheim's Bit Of Bourbon, BIS/BISS/NSC Can Ch DC Nmk's Brittania V Sibelstein, 2x NFC DC Leibmeister's Roll Tide, NAFC FC AFC Beier's Evolution, Esser's Chick HOF (Ger) as well as lots of American and German dogs. We are expecting incredible things from this little girl :),
- Liesel is our first Deutsch Kurzhaar out of Kalins Kennel. She is a super young dog!! This is a real nice pup out of several titled dogs. They are bred for NATURAL ABILITY and CONFORMATION. She makes a nice addition to any kennel who is looking to improve on their lines with this pedigree. She is registered with the DK as well as Canadian Kennel Club. She is from superior German lines, making them some of the best in world. Along with the drive and desire to work comes the calmness and mannerly dogs you want to have around the house. Quiet in the house, they get along with people and children well, as well as other pets Check out her pedigree at http://www.idahohuntingdogs.com/LieselPedigree.html and you will see why we are so excited to breed to this girl!
Don't miss out on one of these Dual Quality pups. Please visit our website for more information: www.IdahoHuntingDogs.com or call evenings 208-681-6127. Email us at email@example.com.
Thanks for your interest in our pups!!
Mark and Cheryl Matthiesen
Shelley, ID 83274
Submitted by: Robert Dischinger on Nov 10, 2017
We have had Roscoe for seven years and he is a great hunter and pet. Roscoe is our third Short Hair but the first we've had in the house - and he has adapted well. He does great in the field; lots of endurance, a good nose, and steady on point. We highly recommend Cheryl and Mark if you are looking for a good Short Hair Pointer.
Submitted by: Troy And Thea Sievert on Nov 08, 2017
I was lucky enough to have my wife purchase my pup from Idaho hunting dogs for our wedding present (I hit the lottery with both of them) Since then, we have started a family and also have another pup from Idaho hunting dogs which my uncle purchased. I am watching my uncles pup as they are gone for a month. I have the pleasure of two great gsp's and watching how they hunt together and then back each other reminds me why I love this sport. Another huge factor is their ability to become one with the family. having a young family, i watch my three year old lay on the dogs, pokin eyes and pullin ears. never a growl or movement from either dog. They really are a part of the family...
Submitted by: Curtis John Mitchell on Nov 07, 2017
Submitted by: Burton Johnson on Nov 07, 2017
This dog breeder gave us Tucker tour fifth German Shorthair. He has been absolutely the best we have ever had. Temperament and intelligence are incredible. Mark and Cheryl produce the very best dogs and they are incredible companions and family dogs.
Submitted by: Matthew Witt on Nov 07, 2017
Submitted by: Jan Devnich on Nov 07, 2017
We bought an 8 week female German Shorthair Pointer 4 years ago. Little did we know at that time how much joy and love that dog would bring to our lives. Mark and Cheryl (breeders) are a warm and dedicated couple with high standards for their puppies. Support from the Idaho Hunting Dog family is also incredible.
Submitted by: Jennifer Marvin on Nov 06, 2017
Our very first GSP came from Cheryl. Not entirely sure what to expect with the breed, she guided us through the process, and when the puppies were born, helped us pick the right one, given our circumstances. Olivia (Livvy) was a healthy dog, lived till she was almost 14, had a great personality and was super smart. Because of Liv, we got two more GSPs, the last being a descendent of an IHD. I still contact Cheryl anytime we have dog-related questions because she knows so much!
Submitted by: Chris and Cara Currey on Nov 06, 2017
Mark and Cheryl have a top notch operation. Great people to deal with who know their chosen breed and care about their customers. We have nothing but wonderful things to say about our male, Linus. He's been such a great addition to our family. Thanks Mark and Cheryl!
Submitted by: Emily on Nov 06, 2017
I adopted my GSP through a private party who had to rehome his dog. I didn't know much about the breed or how special of a dog he would be. The owner gave us the vets name but no other paperwork. The vet was kind enough to give us records which indicated that this dog came from IHD. I contacted them and gave them the original owners name. Cheryl & Mark were so happy that I was giving this dog a chance to live with a happy family. The best part for me was that Cheryl very quickly responded with puppy pictures of my dog! I got him when he was almost 2. I was so impressed about how organized she was with the puppies and her paper trail of information. We have since kept in touch and I feel like part of the IHD family, thanks to an awesome, supportive Facebook group. Sadly my pup passed away a few years back after a long, healthy life. I received so much love and support from Cheryl, Mark and many other IHD pup owners. They are special, caring people who breed excellent quality dogs for hunting or just pets. I hope to have another someday.
More Reviews for IDAHO HUNTING DOGS Submit your testimonial
Submitted by: Jeff Campbell on Nov 06, 2017